2016 Ramadan Recap + Announcement

Hey guys! Let me start by saying a big, fat very belated Eid Mubarak! Hope you've had a great time with friends and family, and hopefully a little bit of food for extra merriment. ;)

Like the title says, I'm here for a recap. The month started with a pretty big event in my life: I got married. This brought about quite a few changes, small and big, it probably had some impact on the month.

I haven't lost that much weight during the month, if anything, I think I gained. Nothing mjor, but enough for me not to achieve my goal LOL. I tried to eat a healthy diet, but I ate a little more fatty foods than I would've liked blame the sis and her sudden interest in cooking. Also, I haven't been that either when it came to working out. I didn't show Adriene that much love after all. :(

Ramadan began the day after the wedding, so I went from wedding to Ramadan shenanigans. As a result, it took me a while to get into that comtemplative state of mind. Add to that lack of exercise and fatigue, and you get a nice feast for my anxieties. :/ My mind wasn't as clear or focused as I would've wished. 

I had quite a bit on my plate during Ramadan, so I haven't had a lot of time/energy to read, and Moise Dans La Tradition Soufie was left unfinished. 

This year, Ramadan wasn't easy -- it's not meant to be anyways -- I definitely felt challenged. Alhamdulillah, I've pushed through and that's all that matters. 

I guess you could look at this and say I haven't met my goals. I haven't lost the extra pounds, my mind wasn't that quiet, I haven't finished the book. Alhamdulillah again, I have the rest of the year to work on that. I can already say that I'm more serious about my nutrition and health in general, I filter my thoughts and feelings. The book is awesome, so I'll continue reading it next Ramadan, or before that!

This year, Ramadan was more of a prepping month than a bootcamp. Nevertheless, 2016 was definitely interesting, and I can't wait to see what next year will be like. :)


No comments: