2017 Ramadan Recap

Salams, salams :)

Hope everyone's doing great and has had a great Ramadan! I have, and I've been pretty good. I usually give a recap right at the end of Ramadan, but the benefit of a belated report is that it allows to see how changes are carried out during a regular month. 

This Ramadan, I've been able to focus on my beeswax. Literally, minding my business and go about my day. Work, pray, eat, sleep, in that order. Similarly, I got rid of the bad thoughts polluting my mind. I just kept focusing on my daily tasks. 

I'm also happy to report that I've let go! When stressful situations would arise, I would remind myself to just trust God's plan and stop worrying. I still felt a little stressed out at times, but I realized, whatever my state, the outcome would be the same anyways.

Another good thing was, I was adamant about healthy eating, especially during the first three weeks of Ramadan. Because I was abroad the last days of Ramadan, things were a bit more difficult to monitor. But things went well overall.

When it comes to the readings, I was so caught up with daily occupations, I barely had time to read.

Once the month was over, I tried to keep up with my Ramadan resolutions, with some success, and difficulty, y'all know Shaytan is out. However, I found that life is not so different in and outside of Ramadan. I still experience fatigue, sickness once in a while and I strive to keep a positive outlook regardless. I try to relax and turn to God regardless. Whatever situation I'm in, I make a conscious effort to keep things afloat. So if you work towards a better you, everyday is Ramadan. 

So I'll keep on working towards my desired quiet, peaceful, fulfilled life iA.

Wassalams. :)

No comments: